Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

cooler weather, cooler tempers

Heat really brings out the anger in me. I cannot be bothered with cheerfulness when I'm hot. I just don't have the energy nor the desire to do so. The last few days have been lovely in the weather department, and with that my temper has cooled off as well. I'd say my children are quite pleased. For me, however, I have quite enjoyed the cooler temps by getting something done that I have long put off. Sleep. That's right. The last few days I have slept through the night, at least 10 hours at a stretch and I have managed to put in a few naps that have been over 2 hours long. I feel like a new woman.
Now, if we can just convince mother nature to not go back to the heat...

2 comments:

Semi-Organized Mom said...

I'm so glad you were able to sleep! During the cool weather I was able to get some naps in, too. After the long business trip I took...I was pooped.

BTW- check out my post on International Days. I mentioned "Red". :D

Mach Momma said...

Your blog is a riot. Found it looking at the crockpot recipe. Hey google liverdoctor.com.I am just getting off the hormonely insane roller coaster myself. lost all of the baby weight and then gained 25 lbs for no apparent reason (while nursing to boot) so I am there (with ya)