Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Plantar Fasciitis


I have been waking up in the morning with the sorest feet. It hurts so much to walk that I almost cry, and can barely put my weight on my feet. I scheduled an appointment with the Podiatrist, and so today I went.
It turns out that I have something called Plantar Fasciitis. As I understand it, it's when the plantar tendon become less elastic and ruptures, tears, or is just pulled to much and becomes inflamed. It's fairly common.
I was treated with cortisone shots in my right foot, and then my left foot was wrapped with tape. The doctor wants to see which one of these methods, or if either of these are more effective. I also will be needing to get something called orthotics for my shoes. I have a rough idea what these are, but I will need to do some more research about them. I did find out from my insurance company today that they cover orthotics. Apparantly it's not the most common thing for them to cover, so once again, I am grateful for the medical insurance that I do carry. Yea for me.
I am telling you, I am on a slow spiral towards death. If I become terminally ill I am so moving to Oregon so I can get it overwith!

No comments: