Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Holidays !?!

What happened to the carefree fun days of Christmas? It fell away into a river of expectation, and now that I am the driver of the boat (okay, lame metaphor, but go with it),I can't keep it afloat. The lack of funding is my biggest source of complaint. Seriously, what kid needs hundreds of dollars worth of junk? None! Every year I fall into this stupid trap, though. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. I'm hoping to curtail my spending this year. And yes, I say that every year, but as Christmas morning lurks, I fall into the trap of thinking I haven't gotten enough and 1 or 2 days before Christmas, I double my spending. May this year shine bright with love instead of presents. May I myself recognize the real meaning of Christmas and try to spread it to my children.

No comments: