Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Results

I just couldn't let this day pass without mentioning what I was doing when I found out that Barack Obama had won the Presidential Race. I was sitting on my loveseat flipping channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CNN - depending on who had a commercial). Mark was playing on the computer, and I yelled - hey! It's official! Barack Obama is the president!
As I watched John McCain give his concession speech, I was impressed. His words felt honest and heartfelt. I believe that he truly will stand behind President Obama and do his best to work for our country. I couldn't help but notice, though, that his campaign party was being held at a high-dollar hotel, with limited amount of space for supporters. Barack Obama, on the other hand, had his party at Grant Park in Chicago, out among the people, and anyone could attend! (As long as you could get through security.) It seemed to say to me that he is for the people. He is in touch with the regular Joe, or Jane as the case may be.
I am excited to see what the next 4 years will be about. I am excited for this opportunity to have some much needed change in our country. I am hopeful it will come to fruition.

No comments: