Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day. My children worked so hard to make this day special.
Sprout made chocolate covered strawberries for me at school.
Panda made a "coupon book" at activity days.
LuLu made me 3 cards at home.
My husband gave me a gift certificate for a massage. mmmm. I can't wait.
I manage to hold in the tears through this part. Then we go to church.
Sawyer cries. (argument with dad.)
Grace cries. (argument with dad.)
Only LuLu gets up to sing the primary song. (Why do they always try to get the kids to sing a song they don't know???)
The words of a poem read at church last week fill my mind.

You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.

That's it. We're outta here. We went home to collect ourselves, wipe our tear-stained faces (and then head back to church.)

Was it a good day?

Certainly. After my man grilled me up some steaks (yum!) and we headed to my friend Erika's for dessert and games. I would sum it up as an almost perfect day.

1 comment:

Barney Family said...

I thought about your Mother's day Sunday during church last week...my darling son had been screaming all morning that HE DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO CHURCH! Then, just after we get there, he flops onto the floor and starts whining that his stomach hurts. And kept whining and whining. I had that sick feeling that he might not be faking it...and sent him home with Doug just in time...he threw up once, but was just fine later that day. Do you think he's figured out a way to throw up just to get out of church?