Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

What? I can't hear you over the screaming!

Do you know what I hate?
Screaming children.
me:"What is your problem, stop the screaming already!" (I say, screaming.)
Sprout: "Her ear hurts."
me: "Who's ear hurts? Why does it hurt?"
Panda: "Lulu. She's screaming that her ear hurts."
Ugh. Drama Queen, I think to myself. I grab the eardrops and put a few in. She goes to sleep on the sofa.
Thank God, I think, I don't know how much more of that screaming I can take! Can't she just deal with it like a normal person. [duh, mom, she's 6!]

20 minutes later: Blood curdling scream from the Living Room
me: "What is it now?!?"
Lulu: "My ear!"
Mark: (while walking in)"what is all the screaming about?"
...you get the idea.
After 2 1/2 hours of screaming, I say, I'm taking her to the Instacare to make sure it's not an ear infection. I can't take all this screaming!

1 hour wait at instacare. Diagnosis: middle ear infection. Her ear is hugely swollen and very painful. They give her analgesic drops in her ear, give me a prescription for antibiotics and send me on my way. Poor kid didn't sleep a wink last night.

You know what I hate?
When you're in a lot of pain and no one believes you. Despite your screaming. No one seems to care. ::heavy sigh:: Sometimes I feel like a jerk.

2 comments:

Barney Family said...

Ahhh, that's so sad. Poor Lulu!! And, I hate it when things like that happen to make us feel like the lamest moms in the world! We can't know everything!

Heather Ann said...

I did that to Teo once. We were traveling and all the pressure got the infection behind his bone. Horrible! Glad to know I'm not the only "wicked witch of the west"...sometimes! :(