Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

the never-ending cough

Yup. I still got it. This interminable cough that won't go away. I've taken everything under the sun, including antibiotics, and nothing is working. I think I am going to lose my mind.
Right now as I sit here looking up home remedies for coughing (nothing sounds viable yet) I am listening to the sounds of a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Cartoons are on in the Living Room, with minimal chatter and a bit of laughter from the children. I hear the cats meowing to go outside, but they are denied this today. (Mai-mai got in to rare wee fight with another cat and has the marks to prove it, and Max, well, he just needs some time inside after carousing all night.)
Mark has woken from a nap, after having overdosed on allergy medication. Oliver having been woken, is irritated that his own nap with Mark has been disturbed. It's just another, typical quiet Sunday. My family is all safely gathered in, and I am fairly content.
Now, answer me this, do you want to drink apple cider vinegar, drink boiled onion water and honey, gargle white pepper,or drink milk with 3 cloves of garlic? Eww, eww, eww, eww, and eww. I guess I'll be back to the doctor on Tuesday. (Can you hear the heavy sigh?)

2 comments:

Barney Family said...

YUCK! Sounds awful. We all got over our various illnesses pretty well except for Matti. I think she was sick four weeks ago and she still has the lingering cough. I don't know why that happens sometimes and not others. She's been taking Mucinex DM and it will stop her cough for several hours. But we sure can tell when it wears off! Good luck. Boo for doctors who can't do anything!

Heather Ann said...

Look up homeopathic remedies, not home remedies! They taste much better, and if you find the right one they WORK! ^_^