Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Forgive me, for I have sinned

So after a week of snow, overcast and cloudy skies and a depression fog that wouldn't give up it's grip, along comes Sunday. Beautiful blue skies, warm weather that screams "SPRING" and the thought of going to church for 3 LOOONNNNGGG hours threatens to kill my budding good mood.
Forgive me, fellow mormons, but I couldn't resist a day in the sunshine having fun with my family. We took the kids to the Lagoon Amusement Park, and had a fabulous sun-filled, fun-filled day. And I don't even feel guilty about it. I can't help but think that the Lord understands when I need a break from the same-old same-old. I know, I know, I know, I just came home from vacation, but that's what reminded me that I need to loosen up and have some more fun. It's like President Hinckley said, "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."

Enjoy these photos of our "day off" from church!

No comments: