Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

We've been home from sunny Southern California for about 1 1/2 hours now. Ahhh. A chance to return to my computer. (hugs)
My son is sitting on the sofa watching Return of the Jedi, hugging his custom-designed light saber and stuffed Ewok, souveniers of our vacation. I smiled at him, and he started to cry.
"What's wrong buddy?"
"I miss California."
"We had so much fun, didn't we?"
"Yes. I've never had so much fun, mom. I wanna go back."

How sweet it is. The simple joys of childhood. The emotional let-down of three fast and furious vacation days at the happiest place on earth. Tonight I feel satisfied as a mom. I gave my children one of the sweetest experiences of their lives. Not Disneyland, not Southern California, but the opportunity to make wonderful memories. My work here is done. At least for tonight.

No comments: